SAASTA’s Young Science Communicators competition is open for entries. Calling all young scientists and science students aged 18 to 35 to get creative with science communication! You could win great prizes. Closing date is 16 January 2017. Enter now!
Science and technology form an integral part of everyday modern life. In order to appreciate science, people must feel a connection that is relevant to them. Scientists are by nature passionate people. This passion can be reflected in the way stories are told. Stories can connect and engage an audience, and excite them about science. The Young Science Communicator ’s Competition specifically challenges young scientists and researchers between the ages of 18 and 35 to communicate their world to a larger audience beyond their scientific community. Various media can be used to tell stories and convey messages about science. This year ’s competition awards four categories: audio clip, video, written article and an open category.
You could win:
- R 10 000 to the winner and R 5 000 to the runner up of each category
- Further science communication development and exposure
How to enter:
- Read and sign the competition rules.
- Send us your original communication pieces on any field of science.
- Submit a separate entry form for each entry.
- Use this entry form, which can also be downloaded from the website, or enter online.
- All entries must reach SAASTA by 16 January 2017.
Hand deliver or courier entries to: SAASTA , 211 Nana Sita (formerly Skinner) Street, Pretoria, 0002
or enter online at www.saasta.ac.za or Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org