It is with great pleasure to extend an invitation to all NFP grant holders, on behalf of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and National Research Foundation, to both attend and participate in the DST-NRF Nanotechnology Symposium in Gauteng on 27-28 June 2016.
The main focus of the event will be to:
- Showcase the achievements of the DST/NRF investment within the Nanotechnology Flagships Project (NFP) by engaging with the grant holders in their research activities relating to the six focus areas;
- Share the successes and challenges experienced by national and international researchers in undertaking nanotechnology or nanoscience-based research in SA;
- Launch the Nanotechnology Code of Ethics; and
- Provide a platform for nurturing and encouraging partnerships between industry partners and NFP grant holders in advancing nanotechnology development and innovation in line with the objectives set forth in the National Nanotechnology Strategy.
- Through SAASTA|NPEP facilitate an outreach and awareness parallel session targeted at high school learners with the aim to;
- Create awareness around nanotechnology.
- Educate and provide basic understanding of nanotechnology with the purpose of stimulating an interest in science in general and in nanoscience and nanotechnology in particular.
- Provide career profiling through role modelling and other means as essential.
The two-day event will include plenaries, hosting of exhibitions, parallel breakaway sessions and poster presentations by the postgraduate students and an informal evening networking function.
We envisage a total number of 250 delegates comprising international guests, senior government officials, higher education, science councils, national research facilities, private sector and media representatives amongst others. There will also be an outreach and awareness parallel session facilitated by SAASTA|NPEP targeted at 200 high school learners per day.
A detailed programme will be circulated to all our NFP grant holders and speakers. It will also be available on both the NRF and NPEP websites. However, should you require any additional information in the interim, you are welcome to contact either Mmatshepo Rebecca Molubi at firstname.lastname@example.org on +27(0) 12 481 4333
There is no registration fee for participants; however; the delegates will be required to cover their own travel and accommodation costs. Please indicate your availability to participate in the symposium before or on 15 May 2016 by responding to:
NAME : Mmatshepo Rebecca Molubi
DESIGNATION : Professional Officer,
Human and Infrastructure Capacity Development (HICD)
E-mail : email@example.com
Telephone : Tel: +27 12 481 4333